- Follow Thoughts from a Minimalist Christian on WordPress.com
Click here to buy:
Click here to buy:
- Tony Blair – builder of the housing crisis
- More than a General Election
- Terror attacks
- How to create the society that we deserve.
- One good thing about the Tory manifesto
- Draw your own conclusions
- Full employment at any cost?
- Brexit … the great divorce
- Proportional representation and tactical voting
- The truth behind the Tory propaganda
Tag Archives: housing
The chart below shows clearly how Tony Blair’s administration oversaw house prices racing away from earnings. He didn’t recognise the need for council housing, and did not restart the building programme stopped by Margaret Thatcher. How dare he criticise the … Continue reading
The one good thing that I have discovered from the Tory manifesto is an increased empathy with the writers of the psalms. They clearly had their own Tory party in power. Psalm 10 reads: “Why, Lord, do you stand far … Continue reading
The chart below shows the income distribution in the UK (latest figures available from government statistics) and the corresponding amount that you can borrow if you have a 10% deposit (using the Halifax building society mortgage calculator). Two thirds of … Continue reading
Here is a tale of the exploitation, told from the point of view of a young single girl trying to find a home…. but it has a hopeful ending.
the whole question of where Britain ranks in the world economy has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether Britain is great. What matters is whether Britain is becoming more human. Continue reading
Worried about where your children are going to live? You should be. The average house price in the UK is around £300,000, with average first time buyer house price at around £200,000. https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/16/average-asking-price-first-time-buyer-home-buy-to-let-stamp-duty If a prospective first time buyer has … Continue reading