Britain is offended, and rightly so, by the behaviour of Jimmy Saville, and by the collusion of those close to him who knew of his salacious deeds and did nothing.
But rather than spending our energy on the past, on a witch hunt from 30 years ago, can’t we direct our anger towards stamping out the same thing that is happening today?
Saville wasn’t born a sex fiend, he was trained. And who trained him? The same people who are training the men of Britain today: the porn industry.
It starts innocuously with that great British institution – the Page 3 girl. And it leads on to the soft porn mags, or more effectively the internet. And it grows to the depravity of the sex traffickers and the brothels.
Are you willing to do anything to turn the tide? Here are some simple steps:
- Guys – stop buying and looking at porn! If you need some help, try http://www.covenanteyes.com/, or http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/
- Sign the petition to stop page 3: http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/dominic-mohan-take-the-bare-boobs-out-of-the-sun-nomorepage3
- Join or start and act for justice group: http://hopeforjustice.org.uk/what-you-can-do/actforjustice-groups/
- Ask your newsagent to stop stocking pornographic magazines, and if they refuse then cancel your newspaper order.
- Write to your MP asking for pornographic content to be banned.
Remember the words of Martin Luther King:
“The greatest sins of our time are committed not by the few who have destroyed, but by the vast majority who sat idly by”